This Year’s Carroll Society Inductees Just Announced!
The Carroll Center for the Blind and the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind recognize outstanding employees who are visually impaired through the annual Carroll Society Awards Ceremony. These Awards recognize blind and visually impaired employees who have made significant contributions to their companies by their outstanding ability and job performance. Individuals are chosen because, despite vision loss, they are exemplary employees and contribute to the overall culture of both their business and community. They are respected by management and colleagues and demonstrate the potential contribution to the work force that can be made by the worker who happens to be blind or visually impaired.
This year’s Blind Employee of the Year Award will be given to:
- Jay Blake, Follow A Dream
In addition, we are pleased to announce that the following four individuals will be inducted into The Carroll Society:
- Erich Manser, Accessibility Evangelist, IBM
- Tanja Milojevic, Braille Production Specialist, Perkins Braille & Talking Book Library
- Kathy Taylor, Principal Information Developer, MicroFocus
- Tyler Terrasi, Transportation Coordinator, MetroWest Regional Transit Authority