Property Maintenance Worker
We seek a FULL-TIME Property Maintenance Worker to come join us at the Carroll Center for the Blind! The successful candidate will assist the Property Manager with a wide variety of maintenance and repair duties on our medium-sized suburban campus. We offer generous benefits and free parking.
- Prior maintenance experience is preferred including: carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, landscaping, painting and the use of hand and power tools.
- A strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills are desired.
- The ability to define problems and resolve them quickly along with the flexibility to work well with ever changing priorities and/or situations is required.
- The applicant must be a self-starter who can work well with all staff levels and will be required to respond to emergency maintenance requests as needed.
- A working knowledge of grounds’ maintenance, power lawn and snow removal equipment are essential.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a current drivers’ license and a good driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to be sensitive to the needs of blind and visually impaired persons required.