Whether you are a user who needs to learn the latest technology for the blind applications; an education for the blind teacher who wants to learn it before they teach their students; a training center who wants access to a web-based curriculum or a technology for the blind specialist who needs an on-line portal to refer their customers to, The Carroll Center’s distance learning program, Carroll Tech, is the optimal learning experience. Follow any of the links below to learn more about a particular class and instructions for registering:
- Diabetes and Visual Impairment: A New View for Health Professionals
- Diabetes and Visual Impairment: A New View for Patients and Families
- Diabetes and Visual Impairment: A New View for Rehabilitation Professionals Online
- Diabetes and Visual Impairment: A New View for Vision Professionals
- Excel for Business Students (Advanced)
- Excel for Business Students (Beginner)
- Excel for Business Students (Intermediate)
- VoiceOver Screen Navigation on the iPhone 4S
- Using Apple TV with Voiceover
- Phone Capabilities of the iPhone 5
- Let's Walk Together
- Introduction to the iPhone 5
- Identify Anything with VizWiz on the iPhone
- How to use the Reminders app on your iPhone 5
- How to use the Messages app on your iPhone 5
- How to organize your iPhone 5
- Gestures with VoiceOver on the iPhone 4S
- Accessing BookShare with Read2Go on Apple iOS
Not finding the course for you?
Sometimes, technology moves faster than we can create online courses. If you cannot find the course you're looking for, in the technology you use, we encourage you to give us a call! The Carroll Center is first and foremost a training facility with the most qualified technology and rehabilitation instructors. We offer both group and individual training programs in virtually every assistive technology and software you can think of. Call us today at (800) 852-3131 and ask for extension 216 to speak with our Rehabilitation Admissions Director Laurie Gaines. Instruction is available for professionals, school-aged students and families as well.
What people are saying:
"Extremely educational with great practical applications. Everyone involved with Diabetic management should take this course!!!! Nurse Educator
I also found everyone at the Carroll Center from Margaret herself to Brian Charlson and all the "computer people" to be very helpful and patient.
Thank you all for developing and making this program available--it was a great service and hopefully my exposure will help me be more effective in helping patients with limited vision better self manage their diabetes.