PLAN of MA & RI
Enter to Win A Pair of Bose Frames at the Virtual Technology Fair!
- Visit the PLAN of MA & RI virtual exhibitor booth anytime between 10:00 A.M. and 1:30 P.M.
- After visiting our booth, visit our website at www.planofma-ri.org, select the “Email Us” link and enter your name, email, and phone number
- Like us on Facebook!
*Employees of PLAN of MA & RI are NOT eligible to enter the contest
*You will only be entered into the raffle if you attended the Virtual Technology Fair during those hours.
*You must agree to have your photo taken and at least first name published on social media as the winner.
*The winner will be announced by Monday, December 30, 2020.
Who We Are
PLAN of MA & RI proudly serves people with disabilities – lifelong or related to illness, injury, or age – helping to preserve assets, to protect access to public benefits, and to live well. We are a professional trustee providing quality trustee/fiduciary services to individuals and their families through sound and thoughtful trust administration and compassionate, caring social service support. Licensed social workers assess the beneficiary’s living situation, needs and current benefits and make recommendations and referrals to services that improve the person’s quality of life.
PLAN of MA & RI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with origins dating back to the 1960s, when a group of parents of children with various physical, mental and behavioral challenges assembled to plan for the future. Incorporated in 1971, we are recognized today as experts in operating Special Needs Pooled Trusts and have 750 beneficiaries and $60M in assets under management.
What We Do
PLAN of MA & RI provides Special Needs Trusts for the sole benefit of a person of any age with special needs. We offer a ‘First-Party’ Trust, which is funded with the person’s own funds, or a ‘Third-Party’ trust, which is funded by someone other than the beneficiary. There is no minimum deposit to establish a trust, and funds in a pooled trust are pooled for investment purposes only. Each beneficiary owns a separate sub-account and can access funds only from that account.
PLAN of MA & RI manages all disbursements from the beneficiary’s account to ensure the protection of public benefits (e.g. Medicaid, SSI, SSDI, public housing). Our licensed social workers work diligently to:
- Help ensure public benefits continue to be available
- Help individuals receive additional public benefits to which they are entitled
- Fulfill reporting requirements connected to the receipt of public benefits
- Arrange for direct services to be provided to the beneficiary, including, but not limited to:
- financial management
- other creative ways to enhance the person’s quality of life
Benefits of Participating in Special Needs Trust
- Allows families to put aside funds for their loved one’s future financial security
- Helps preserve familial relationships by managing regular financial transactions
- Helps protect the beneficiary from exploitation
- Helps preserve assets and protect benefits to facilitate a higher quality of life for the beneficiary
- Provides compassionate trust management services for the lifetime of the trust