Carroll Society Award Winners – 2023
The Carroll Center for the Blind and the Massachusetts Commission for the Blind recognize outstanding employees who are visually impaired through the annual Carroll Society Awards Ceremony. These Awards recognize blind and visually impaired employees who have made significant contributions to their companies by their outstanding ability and job performance.
Individuals are chosen because, despite vision loss, they are exemplary employees and contribute to the overall culture of both their business and community. Despite the employment barriers people with disabilities face, inductees have proven their commitment to making a difference by serving as both leaders and examples for others. Each new Carroll Society inductee demonstrates the passion, professionalism, and excellence to change the perception of what it means to be blind in the workplace.
Blind Employee of the Year Award Recipient:
- Erich Manser, Digital Accessibility Consultant at Harvard University
Carroll Society Inductees:
- Karen Santiago, Community Outreach Coordinator at Easterseals Massachusetts
- Barbara Balsamo, Emergency Line Operator at The Baker Center for Children and Families
- Sarah Wiles, CAP Advocate at Massachusetts Office on Disability
- Josh Pearson, Program Coordinator at Polus Center for Social & Economic Development, Inc.
Congratulations to this year’s winners!