Information Day at The Carroll Center
Are you new to vision loss? The Carroll Center for the Blind has information to help you.
If you’re newly blind or experiencing significant changes in vision and want to know what kind of services the Carroll Center for the Blind offers that can help, join us for one of our Information Days. Information Day serves to provide consumers, families, professionals, and students an opportunity to learn about the process of rehabilitation, specifically as it relates to our different programs.
Important reasons you should attend:
- Select appropriate rehabilitation or technical services through “informed choice.”
- Hear practical suggestions of staff and alumni who are visually impaired.
- Meet and mingle with other visually-impaired consumers.
- Learn about assistive technology and how a blind person can use a computer.
- See demonstrations of the latest devices in the Low Vision Clinic.
- Consider employment opportunities presented by our Job Placement Specialist.
- Participate in discussions about dealing with vision loss.
- Tour our campus, dormitory and technology center.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Vaccinations are required to attend our in-person Information Days.
When: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
From: 10:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. ET
Where: The Carroll Center for the Blind