Introduction to the Google Workspace Environment
Google Workspace (formerly known as the Google Suite) has increasingly become the preferred platform for many businesses and educational institutions. Familiarity with its most used applications can give you a leg up at work and in school.
This two-day course will provide you with the tools to start using Google Workspace. The training will be led by David Kingsbury. At the end of the training, you will receive documentation to serve as reference.
What You’ll Learn
- Accessibility settings for using Google Apps
- File management and file sharing with Google Drive for Desktop
- Document preparation and formatting with Google Docs
- Spreadsheet creation and editing with Google Sheets
- Creating and editing appointments with Google Calendar
- You must have a Gmail account and know your password
- Basic knowledge of Windows file management, JAWS, web browsing, Word and Excel
- For classes conducted remotely, experience using Zoom and a stable wi-fi connection
- For classes conducted in-person at the Carroll Center, you must bring your own Windows laptop computer with Windows 10 or 11, and at least JAWS 2022
When: August 8 to August 9, 2023
Where: Online or In-Person at the Carroll Center for the Blind, Newton MA
I’m Interested! What Do I Do Next?
To find out more, including information about payment options, please contact Tina Laffer at email@example.com. Space is limited, so please register early. If there is a sufficient number of qualified applicants, multiple sessions may be held.