Annual Technology Fair
Discover innovative, life-changing technology that can make an immediate impact on your life at the 2019 Technology Fair.
Don’t miss this annual opportunity to try out the latest products for individuals who are visually impaired. Free and open to consumers, families, friends, and professionals—the annual Technology Fair at the Carroll Center for the Blind is sure to impress! This event is free and open to the general public. Registration is highly encouraged; a form to sign up can be found following the “Event Details” section below.
On this day of celebrating technological innovations, we’re happy to announce that our campus will be a FREE Aira Access site starting at 8:00 A.M. until 5:00 P.M.
Throughout the day, you can use Aira, a service that connects people who are blind or low vision to sighted agents who deliver visual assistance, anytime and anywhere. Whether you want to navigate the event and get to the exhibitor you’re interested in talking with or simply learn about the latest assistive technology, you can experience Aira for yourself.
- Meet both general and assistive technology manufacturers and local vendors
- Learn about the latest equipment and applications
- Take notes during informational workshops
- Stop by The Carroll Store to see a variety of devices to purchase
List of Vendors:
- AdaptiVision, Inc. / Optelec
- A. T. Guys
- Boston Blackouts Blind Hockey
- Illuminated Canes
- New England Low Vision
- Perkins Braille & Talking Book Library
- 10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. – New Technology Trends in Low Vision
- 12:00 P.M. to 12:30 P.M. – Increasing Home Independence with Alexa
- 12:30 P.M. to 1:00 P.M. – Voice Control: A Promising New iPhone Accessibility Feature
- 2:15 P.M. to 3:15 P.M. – Formatting Word Documents with Screenreader Programs for Students and Professionals
New this year:
Visit our Empathy Lab to learn about adaptive sports, computer and switch controls, voice input and more!
While you’re here, check out the Carroll Center for the Blind’s all-new Device Lab showcasing the latest smartphones, tablets, speakers, and refreshable braille devices.
When: Tuesday, November 26, 2019
From: 9:00 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.
Where: The Carroll Center for the Blind
Rachel E. Rosenbaum Technology Center