The Carroll Center for the Blind serves persons of all ages and all stages of vision loss and provides campus-based rehabilitation, technology instruction, community orientation and mobility as well as itinerant education and mobility services to children. Check out our website at www.carroll.org.
We have an exciting opportunity for a high energy, compassionate Vocational Coach to provide assistance, training and support to persons who are blind or visually impaired at their worksites in the Boston Metro area.
The Vocational Coach will serve as a liaison to integrate and promote positive peer relationships between worksite staff/consumer as well as offer job coaching/job development supports to adult interns at Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) whose goal is to work in community settings to maximize their vocational potential to full-time hours and taper off supplemental income. Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting consumers at their internship sites.
- Engaging with internship department managers and assisting consumers with job application tasks.
- Attending meetings with other job developers, etc. in the Boston Metro area.
- Establishing relationships and partnerships with potential employers to obtain permanent full-time jobs.
- Communicating with team through written/verbal documentation and case conferences for program coordination and improvement.
- Completing all necessary case notes, data, and evaluation reports.
- Candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree or some college in human services/rehabilitation counseling with 1-2 years prior experience with persons with disabilities required.
- Experience with job coaching and job development preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, verbal/written communication and computer skills required.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified or receive certification within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully travel independently as well as accompany students to worksite on Uber/public transportation or have a valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Qualified candidates kindly forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.