Summer Field Trip Aide
[Seasonal, Tuesdays 8am to 5pm ]
Each year, the Carroll Center for the Blind helps nearly 1,300 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, clients’ homes, and their communities.
Who We Seek
We seek an enthusiastic individual to accompany staff and students on summer field trips, assisting with recreational activities. This individual is often assigned to a small group of students with a staff member to provide verbal or human guide and assistance throughout the day. Additionally, the Field Trip Aide will play an important role in promoting socialization amongst students.
- Provide verbal or human guide to students.
- Assist with recreational activities occurring on the field trip(s).
- Encourage socialization amongst students.
- Help serve lunch items to students.
- Help ensure student medications are administered and taken on time.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED required
- Some college education and work experience in human services preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving and oral/written communication skills required.
- Able to walk outside in summer weather.
- Must be available for a minimum of one shift/week.
- First aid and CPR certifications are a plus.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form (linked below) and also email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and always fosters acceptance for everyone. We offer fair opportunities to all qualified persons in recruitment and selection, employment, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, promotions, social activities, and the use of CCB’s facilities. CCB welcomes all qualified applicants and ensures that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military, or veteran status, political or union affiliation, or any other categories protected by Federal or State law.
The CCB culture embraces both the law and a work environment that is safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all. Our mission and impact shines bright on all.