SENIOR EMPLOYMENT COACH
The Carroll Center for the Blind serves persons of all ages and all stages of vision loss and provides campus-based rehabilitation, technology instruction, community orientation and mobility as well as itinerant education and mobility services to children.
We have an exciting opportunity for a high energy, compassionate Senior Employment Coach to provide assistance, training and support to persons who are blind or visually impaired at their work sites in the Metro-Boston area.
The Senior Employment Coach will serve as a liaison to integrate and promote positive peer relationships between worksite staff/consumer as well as offer job coaching/job development supports to adult interns at Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) whose goal is to work in community settings to maximize their vocational potential to full-time hours and taper off supplemental income.
- Assisting consumers in their job search.
- Conducting employment preparation activities.
- Providing on the job training.
- Coaching specific work behaviors and documenting progress.
- Attending meetings with other job developers, etc. in the Boston Metro Area.
- Establishing relationships and partnerships with potential employers to obtain permanent full-time jobs.
- Communicating with team through written/verbal documentation and case conferences for program coordination and improvement.
- Completing all necessary case notes, data, and evaluation reports.
- Candidates will possess a bachelor’s degree or some college in human services/rehabilitation counseling with 1-2 years prior experience with persons with disabilities required.
- Experience with job coaching and job development preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem-solving, verbal/written communication and computer skills required.
- Must be CPR/First Aid Certified or receive certification within 90 days of hire.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully travel independently as well as accompany students to work site on Uber/public transportation or have a valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org