OFFICE INFORMATION COORDINATOR
We seek a highly organized individual with strong communication skills to serve as an Office Information Coordinator and fill a valued role in our organization. The Office Information Coordinator will contribute to the daily efficiency of the overall office operations, provide support, and successfully execute key processes for the President and CEO. Also, will ensure a welcoming environment, and implement administrative systems and procedures to maximize workflow, interact phenomenally with all levels of organizational staff (internal/external), and coordinate/schedule meetings. The Office Information Coordinator will respect highly confidential and sensitive issues and responds to employee and client inquiries via email, phone, and in-person, in a timely manner.
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) helps more than 4,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults, and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community.
- Completes a variety of complex administrative tasks for the President and CEO including calendar management, processing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence that may be confidential, coordinating agendas, and compiling/organizing documents for meetings.
- Plans, coordinates, and ensures the schedule for the President and CEO are followed and respected.
- Coordinates, schedules, prepares materials for CCB executive, Board, Senior Management and Management Team meetings; sends out meeting announcements, reminders, and requests agenda items.
- Communicates directly on behalf of the President and CEO, with Board members, Trustees, management, other internal staff, external business partners and constituents on various matters as needed.
- Troubleshoots employee/client complaints or concerns and other issues as they arise.
- Assists with special projects within and outside the department of the President.
- Gathers and prepares materials utilizing CCB database and other potential resources as directed by President and CEO and Strategic Project Director.
- Performs data entry and extracts information from various databases.
- Creates organized workflow procedures and administrative systems to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables independently or with minimal supervision including drafting senior management and management-level meeting minutes, reports, presentations, policies, and other tasks that facilitate the President and CEO’s ability to effectively lead the business.
- Engages with customers/clients via phone and email to ascertain customer/client satisfaction and better understand our customer’s experience with CCB.
- Represents the Center at a high level both by phone and in-person, especially those meeting with the President and CEO.
- Drafts and sends e-mail announcements to staff as needed, prepares weekly calendar of events and dining service menus for Intranet.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and directs callers to the appropriate employee or takes detailed messages.
- Provides support to the Director of Rehabilitation with daily administrative efficiency of the overall Youth Programs operations during the summer.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 2 years of administrative experience required.
- Excellent customer service, written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize responsibilities and manage shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to be detailed oriented, problem solve.
- Possess unquestionable integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong working knowledge in Microsoft Office and Excel.
We offer a generous benefits package to include health and dental coverage (70% employer paid), vision, Flexible Spending Account, 3 weeks accrued vacation, personal day, 12 days accrued sick time, 11 holidays and a retirement program (403b) with up to a 3% employer match.
*If completing the application form electronically, please fill in all applicable fields, select print, and then choose “Save as PDF” to save your information in the document.
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and always fosters acceptance for everyone. We offer fair opportunities to all qualified persons in recruitment and selection, employment, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, promotions, social activities, and the use of CCB’s facilities. CCB welcomes all qualified applicants and ensures that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military, or veteran status, political or union affiliation, or any other categories protected by Federal or State law.
The CCB culture embraces both the law and a work environment that is safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all. Our mission and impact shines bright on all.
Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.