Summer 2019 (May-August, 10+/hours a week, unpaid)
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind provides services to more than 5,000 blind or visually impaired children, teens, adults and seniors; allowing them to gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, technology instruction classes, blind and low vision store and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes and in the community. We have a $7M operating budget.
This is your opportunity to make a difference while gaining solid experience that will help you throughout your career.
We are seeking a professional, enthusiastic Marketing Intern who is detail-oriented with good communication skills. This position affords you the opportunity to gain important, transferable career skills that will be useful no matter what career path you take.
- Conducting relevant competitor and industry research and performing critical analysis of their social media and website content.
- Building an outreach database in EXCEL
- Assisting in the production of bi-weekly newsletter, The Carroll Connector.
- Serving as a quality assurance tester on our website.
- Reviewing social media commentary and links.
- Each Marketing Intern is provided the opportunity (if they chose) to take on a signature project, during which they will work closely with the Marketing/Outreach Specialist to develop important skills and accomplishments, while helping the organization grow.
This internship is a great opportunity for a student interested in marketing, management, social media or business degrees. Come join us!!
- Must be enrolled in the undergraduate OR graduate program for Nonprofit Management, Business, Management, Social Media or Marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Google Docs essential.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com