MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
If you want to make a difference and be part of a mission-based team that transforms the lives of people of all ages who are blind and visually impaired, come join us!
We seek a dynamic, innovative and mission-driven Marketing and Communications Coordinator to coordinate multiple print and online channels that promote the Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) as a progressive, relevant, and innovative brand. More specifically, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will lead CCB’s promotional efforts so that the maximum number of people can benefit from the agency’s stellar programs. The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will assist CCB departments to meet program outreach goals, heighten agency visibility and to promote important blind-positive stories. Additionally, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will develop collateral for fundraising campaigns and initiatives, advertising, email marketing, websites, social media, public relations, and content to benefit, as well as reflect and support the mission of CCB.
The Carroll Center for the Blind empowers those who are blind and visually impaired to achieve independence and to lead a fulfilling life. The Carroll Center serves all ages and stages of vision loss by providing campus-based rehabilitation, technology instruction, community orientation and mobility as well as itinerant education and mobility services to children.
- Coordinate multiple channels and content to include: CCB website, e-newsletters (Carroll Connector, Second Sight), marketing materials, presentations, videos, social media, and other publications and promotional materials targeted for donor and client acquisition, cultivation, and stewardship.
- Update the CCB website, including developing new web content (written, video, digital, photography, graphics) that is informative, persuasive and gives visitors a reason to come back. The MCC makes content modifications and additions, implements approved digital enhancements, and collaborates with the Webmaster on website behavior using analytics/AdWords to increase traffic, especially for store web orders.
- Leverage both CCB’s social network and that of the CDCO, Chief Program Officer and President & CEO to expand reach and perform target shared messaging. Writes posts and highlights this content in an engaging way through multiple channels.
- Work with the Development team to develop creative solicitation, stewardship, and donor marketing materials that support fundraising objectives.
- Assist departments to meet program outreach goals, heighten agency visibility and promote important blind and vision impaired positive stories.
- Assist the Chief Development and Communications Officer with advancing the goals set out in the Visibility and Community Building Pillar of CCB’s Strategic Plan. Updates Strategic Plan Dashboard to communicate, measure and monitor marketing objectives and activity.
- Serve as a resource for all content creators at CCB (Development, Workforce Specialist, Admissions, Programs, Store, etc.) to ensure CCB’s message is created and applied in a consistent manner.
- Composes or edits compelling writing about how CCB programs help our consumers and community.
- Represent the Carroll Center at community events, forums and meetings, where opportunities are available to tell our CCB story.
- Coordinates media relations, including creating initiatives to increase visibility of CCB leaders through speaking and editorial opportunities, drafting pitches and press releases at the local, regional and national level to promote, enhance and protect CCB’s reputation, and acting as a key liaison to press and journalists to ensure that CCB messaging and positive philosophy are represented in the media.
- Work with internal staff and outside vendors to render documents and web content accessible.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and external photographers to identify and compile photos for media use; guide reporters and photographers on campus and at offsite events to achieve media/PR goals while ensuring appropriate privacy and respect.
- Support the President and Chief Development and Communications Officer with internal communication initiatives that keep CCB’s community informed and present the organization’s mission and activities in a positive, progressive manner.
- Work with the management team to secure approvals and ensure waivers and documentation for use of imagery, quotes, and other content aligns with legal and compliance standards. Tracks and maintains all documentation in a standardized system.
- Serve as an ambassador and plays an active role in promoting CCB’s mission.
- At the direction of the President & CEO and the Chief Development and Communications Officer, this position may develop other special projects to heighten the profile of the agency.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications with 1-2 years’ experience in community relations, marketing or business development required.
- Exhibits and promotes high standards of ethical conduct practices.
- Excellent oral/written, interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Working knowledge and experience of SEO/SEM, social media channels and other digital marketing tactics a must.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and other tracking system preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and Photoshop essential.
- Experience with camera and video equipment.
- Ability to make website improvements/changes.
- Ability to work with media and PR groups.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations to large and small groups is essential along with lead generation.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and autonomously, be cognizant of deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Working a flexible schedule that may include early mornings, late evenings and some weekends required.
- Valid driver’s license and travel required.
We offer a generous benefits package to include health and dental coverage, vision, Flexible Spending Account, 4 weeks accrued vacation, personal day, 12 accrued sick days, 11 holidays and a retirement program (403b) with up to a 3% employer match.
How To Apply
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and always fosters acceptance for everyone. We offer fair opportunities to all qualified persons in recruitment and selection, employment, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, promotions, social activities, and the use of CCB’s facilities. CCB welcomes all qualified applicants and ensures that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military, or veteran status, political or union affiliation, or any other categories protected by Federal or State law.
The CCB culture embraces both the law and a work environment that is safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all. Our mission and impact shines bright on all.