[IN PERSON, SOME REMOTE WORK, 8 HOURS A WEEK, UNPAID]
Each year, the Carroll Center for the Blind helps nearly 1,300 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, clients’ homes, and their communities.
Who We Seek
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, hard-working intern to work closely with our Senior HR & Project Coordinator on various projects, exposing this individual to many components of HR duties. As an HR Intern, you will gain hands-on experience working on tasks associated with recruitment, document management, benefits, new hire onboarding, employee engagement, HRIS system and much more!
- Perform routine and annual audits of certifications and agreements
- Learn about HR file management and documentation
- Enhance employee recognition programs
- Contribute to employee morale initiatives and engagement
- Assist with new hire preparations
- Support volunteer program efforts
- Database reporting/ use of HRIS system
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in business, business administration or human resources
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and formatting
- Strong writing and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Detail Oriented
- Experience with Google Documents, Google Sheets preferred
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form (linked below) and also email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and always fosters acceptance for everyone. We offer fair opportunities to all qualified persons in recruitment and selection, employment, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, promotions, social activities, and the use of CCB’s facilities. CCB welcomes all qualified applicants and ensures that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military, or veteran status, political or union affiliation, or any other categories protected by Federal or State law.
The CCB culture embraces both the law and a work environment that is safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all. Our mission and impact shines bright on all.