GRANT WRITING INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY IN DEVELOPMENT
[September to December 2019, 10+/hours a week, unpaid]
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind helps more than 5,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community. We have a $7M operating budget, which includes $1.6M for fundraising.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Grant Writing Intern who is professional, detail-oriented and organized to assist with the execution of our fiscal year 2020 grant process. This is a great opportunity for a student interested in writing, fundraising, research or project management. Come join us and gain a strong working knowledge of grant writing from the beginning! These skills are high in demand across industries.
Responsibilities include researching new and assisting with existing grant opportunities; maintaining grant calendar and grant database; drafting funding proposals; collecting information for reporting requirements; assisting with budgets. The Grant Writing Intern will also support the Development Team with various other projects as needed.
- Must be enrolled in a graduate OR undergraduate program in English, Business, Marketing, Nonprofit Management etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills.
- Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and as part of a team required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Google Docs essential.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.