ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICE WORKERS
[20 hours per week or per diem hours available, Flexible Schedules]
The Carroll Center for the Blind seeks responsible Environmental Service Workers to perform general daily housekeeping activities in three buildings and on the property to maintain a clean and safe environment, in accordance with our policies and standards.
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind helps more than 4,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community.
Maintains general safety practices and performs various cleaning and disinfecting duties on campus to support a clean workplace for employees, clients and visitors; keeps facilities and shared common areas clean and disinfected (ex: bathrooms, kitchens, dining areas, door handles, handrails, horizontal surfaces, elevators, door/window glass, light switches, and water cooler). Also, vacuums, mops or sweeps floors; collects trash and replaces liners, helps prepare for special meetings or events with targeted cleaning assignments; cleans dormitories and client rooms as scheduled and performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, prior cleaning experience a plus
- Manages time efficiently and works autonomously
- Possesses good verbal and written, organization and attention to detail skills as well as basic computer knowledge preferred (email, internet, Word Documents)
- Maintains a professional appearance and interacts positively with clients and staff
- Ability to lift 25-50 pounds required and push housekeeping cart with supplies
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Successful background check required
*If completing the application form electronically, please fill in all applicable fields, select print, and then choose “Save as PDF” to save your information in the document.