Development And Events Coordinator
*Do you want to make a difference and do the good work that impacts the lives of many? Then come join our team!
Each year, the Carroll Center for the Blind helps nearly 1,300 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, clients’ homes, and their communities.
Who We Seek
An energetic, organized, entrepreneurial, people-person who will enjoy taking initiative to inspire and connect the Community to the Carroll Center’s transformative work through awareness, outreach, and marketing. If you are highly professional, creative, detail oriented and have event planning experience with an interest in soliciting sponsorships and expanding your fundraising skills, you belong with us!
You will play an important role in supporting mission awareness and fundraising growth for the Carroll Center for the Blind through community engagement and fundraising events, build and expand the donor pipeline for annual and future comprehensive campaign initiatives, and support impeccable stewardship. Also, you will raise community awareness about the Carroll Center’s mission and transformative work in the blindness and visually impaired community through outreach including communications, marketing and events. You will lead high quality engagement and stewardship opportunities through longstanding events such as the Walk for Independence and Fall Reception as well as new events that provide resources and networking opportunities for Alumni, Parents and Families.
- Contributes to the design and execution of all programs and events that engage the Carroll Center community, such as the Fall Reception, donor cultivation, stewardship events, and informational webinars.
- Coordinates and executes all aspects of the Walk for Independence, including the event software package, Classy, mailing lists, registrations, marketing materials, Team Captain recruitment, sponsor solicitation, day-of logistics, volunteers and gift processing.
- Collaborates with the Marketing and Communications Coordinator to effectively execute marketing for all events, including website updates, social media strategies, and event communications.
- Assists the Donor Database Manager with event-related data maintenance, including mailing lists, gift entry, and acknowledgements.
- Develops and oversees a year-round Alumni and Parent Program that provides resources to our alumni and parents to keep them engaged with the Carroll Center.
- Coordinates other Community Engagement projects that elevate the Carroll Center’s relationships with key community groups and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates all efforts with outside constituents on peer-to-peer fundraising events and is responsible for all other fundraising events.
- Effectively utilizes the Carroll Center’s existing systems (Raiser’s Edge NXT, Classy, etc.); consistently documents all prospect notes and correspondence.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- 1-2 years related experience in nonprofit fundraising event planning and/or community engagement experience with a familiarity with fundraising and development work required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or relevant field (or equivalent experience) a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral/written communication and detail-oriented skills, the ability to work autonomously and as a team player in a fast-paced environment required.
- Community Organizing and Volunteer Management required.
- Demonstrated networking and relationship-building skills required.
- Experience with direct marketing is strongly preferred and Campaign experience a plus.
- Experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT fundraising database of record preferred and familiarity with event platforms such as Classy for Marketing and coaching Walk team captains preferred
- Commitment to the highest standard of ethical and professional conduct in accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principles and Standards, The Donor Bill of Rights, and HIPAA, required.
We offer a generous benefits package to include health and dental coverage, vision, Flexible Spending Account, 4 weeks accrued vacation, personal day, 12 accrued sick days, 11 holidays and a retirement program (403b) with up to a 3% employer match.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form (linked below) and also email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Should you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist you.
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The Carroll Center for the Blind (CCB) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and always fosters acceptance for everyone. We offer fair opportunities to all qualified persons in recruitment and selection, employment, compensation and benefits, professional development and training, transfers, promotions, social activities, and the use of CCB’s facilities. CCB welcomes all qualified applicants and ensures that everyone will receive equal consideration for employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military, or veteran status, political or union affiliation, or any other categories protected by Federal or State law.
The CCB culture embraces both the law and a work environment that is safe, positive, diverse, inclusive, and equitable for all. Our mission and impact shines bright on all.