DEVELOPMENT EVENT INTERNSHIP
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind helps more than 5,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community. We have a $7M operating budget, which includes $1.5M for fundraising.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Event Intern who is professional, detail-oriented and organized to assist with our biggest annual event, a Walk for Independence which is held in the Spring. This is a great opportunity for a student interested in event planning, advertising, marketing sales or business. Come join us and gain a strong working knowledge of event planning from the beginning!
- Contacting vendors.
- Researching and soliciting sponsors as well as preparing the raffle/silent auction site and auction on-line packages.
- Pricing and ordering giveaways.
- Assisting VIPs in creating personal event pages.
- Recruiting day of event volunteers; coordinating food.
- Assisting with development of and distribution of promotional materials, social media posts, and email marketing.
- Support the Development Team with various projects.
- Must be enrolled in the graduate OR undergraduate program for Event Management, Hospitality Management, Management or Marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills.
- Raisers Edge experience a plus.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel and Google Docs essential.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com