DEVELOPMENT COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (REMOTE)
[Fully Remote, 8 to 10 hours a week, unpaid]
The Carroll Center for the Blind is seeking a professional, detail oriented and organized, Development Communications Intern to assist with the execution of our fiscal year 2021 grant process. This is a great opportunity for a student interested in writing, fundraising, research, or project management. Come join us and gain a strong working knowledge of grant writing from the beginning. This position is fully remote, and we are happy to consider a candidate based anywhere in the United States.
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind helps more than 4,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community.
- Researching new grant opportunities
- Maintaining grant calendar and grant database
- Drafting funding proposals
- Collecting information for reporting requirements
- Assisting with budgets
- Support the Development Team with various projects.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills.
- Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and part of a team, in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel & Google Docs.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.